We pride ourselves in being a knowledgeable resource for you. Below is a list of links and information to help answer your questions.
- La Leche League
- International Breastfeeding Center
- Dr. Jack Newman
- Maximizing Milk Production with Hands On Pumping
- AAP Policy on Breastfeeding and the Use Of Human Milk, February 2012
- AAP Divesting from Formula Marketing in Pediatric Care, July 2012
- Breastfeeding State Laws
- The Breastfeeding Center of Pittsburgh
- Sankofa Lactation Services
- La Leche League
- A Mother’s Boutique
- Magee Women’s Hospital, Lactation Center
- West Penn Hospital, Lactation Services
Milk Sharing (Donor Breastmilk):
Cesarean Prevention and VBAC
- Wellness Pittsburgh, Dr. Chris Powell
Wellness Pittsburgh is focused on improving quality of life through improving health and wellness. We utilize very precise chiropractic care, with a specialty in pediatric and prenatal, nutrition, quality supplements, exercise guidance, massage therapy and stress reduction techniques. We also offer group classes and corporate wellness programs, designed to help your entire staff! We are also now offering chiropractic and acupuncture for animals.
- Jordan Family Chiropractic, Dr. Amanda Jordan
- WEBSTER CERTIFIED! Our mission is to help as many people as we can – Especially children! Our office is different! We see too many babies, pregnant women and children who have been through the ringer, they have tried everything to no avail and are at the end of their ropes. So why should you keep pressing on… because we are the best. We are perfectionists when it comes to the body and health. Our doctors will amaze you! They explain everything that is going on, how they will fix it and then what you can do to enjoy the improvements forever!
Doulas – local, Pittsburgh area
- This list is incomplete. I am updating as I find more!
- Blessed Arrivals
- Birth Doulas of Pittsburgh
- “Heart & Hands” Doula Service
- Pittsburgh Doula Network
- Mother Birth Pa
- Triskele Doula Services
- The Birth Circle – Currently serving mothers with UPMC for You, UPMC for Kids, and UPMC for Life. 412-441-3107 or email BirthCircleoffice@gmail.com
- You can also search DONA International to find a local, certified doula
Due to the legal issues with homebirth in PA, I can not post their contact information. However, I do have a list of homebirth midwives in the Pittsburgh area. If you are interested in a homebirth midwife please contact me.
Pregnancy and Birth
Below are links to some of our favorite local partners.